Hello BNI Team,
Happy New Year! I don't know about you, but writing 2020 feels strange. It's like I'm living in the future.
Last week we had our closed meeting to discuss internal processes, goals, and reminders. Here are a few of the takeaways from the meeting:
- Visitors! Visitors! Visitors! The more visitors we invite, the more referrals we can give/get, and the more (quality) new members we can attract. Bringing in visitors was simple when we were the largest chapter in the region, but now we have to work at it.
- Don't forget your 1:1's. There is lots of data out there showing the correlation between the number of 1:1's a BNI member has and their overall success in the group. Get out there and make an effort to meet with your fellow BNI members both inside our chapter and in other chapters. Sometimes the most unlikely 1:1 meetings are the most productive!
- Using the app: As a chapter, we are pretty good about entering our TYFCBs, referrals, and 1:1's but there is always room for improvement. Although it might seem like an administrative formality, being diligent about entering our slips (electronically) helps the chapter know what we need to focus on and helps us grow by showing prospects that we still pass more referrals than any other chapter in our area!
- Meeting Slideshows: There was lots of discussion on both sides of this one, and the leadership team appreciates all the feedback and suggestions. We won't know whether using a slideshow will have a positive or negative impact until we try and make adjustments.
- Meeting Location: Thank you to everybody who completed the questionnaire. We hear you that there are lots of things that need to be improved location-wise and the information you gave us will help our decision-making process.
This week we have Dan Diggs and Steven Feldman presenting.