Happy Monday BB! Lots of important updates to share this week...
Membership Updates: With a change in the calendar year we have some membership changes. Specifically, Sarah Najafi, Elaine Warren, and Denyse Jeter-Williams have decided not to renew; Stephanie Lewis will be taking a leave of absence, and Cheryl Spell has retired. We will miss them all. Please feel free to reach out to these members and let them know you're thinking about them.
On a positive note, we are experiencing an uptick in visitor registrations. Here are the categories we're looking to fill. Please let me know of any additions to the list and keep an eye out for opportunities within your network. Remember that someone doesn't need to be ready to join us for us to invite them to experience the magic of our meetings A Few Housekeeping Reminders:
- Just a reminder that anyone who misses a meeting without a sub will be marked absent. Anyone who comes to the meeting after 7am is considered late and is expected to pass on their 40 second promotion.
- Given the recent changes, please discard any email distribution lists you have been using and refer to the BNI app for the most updated list of members.
- Weekly member presentations are allotted 10 minutes, to include Q&A. Q&A sessions can help members better understand how to refer you business and/or what makes your offerings noteworthy. Please try to leave a few minutes for Q&A.
- We meet via an "In-Person-Virtual" format on the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month at the Rockville Hilton where the good old breakfast buffet will be served.
- Our meetings always start at 6:45am and end at 8:30am.
- Those in attendance will join our regular Zoom link via the 360 degree camera/projector. Those attending from outside the Hilton will join via their individual computers.
- Visitors are welcome to join our In-person-virtual meetings on the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month.
- If you cannot attend during this time, you are expected to find a sub and forward me their information so I can include their names in the presentation and ensure they feel welcome. If you cannot find a sub, please let me know asap.
- Weather policy - Our meeting policy aligns with MCPS (when schools are closed or there is a delayed opening, we do not meet in person or virtually).
- Our website is https://www.bethesdabusinessbni.com/ A continued thank you to Adam Lowe for supporting us.
So...Who is Presenting this Week???
- Purpose & Overview this week is being presented by Greg Flynn
- Networking Education this week will be presented by Steven Feys
- Notable Networker is the person who is doing 1-1s, passing referrals etc. We are now highlighting how networking has helped this member and what specific ideas they have to share with fellow members. This week our Notable Networker is Dr. Casi McFarland
- Member Spotlight is for the member who has given a lot and we are highlighting their accomplishments and thinking about them a bit more going forward. Extra time at the end of Visitor Weekly Presentations is allocated for this honor. This week our Member Spotlight is Gary Altman
- This Week's Featured Speakers are Katie Smeltz and Justin McCarty
Visitors/Subs -> Meet our Speakers:
- Katie Smeltz and Justin McCarty will be presenting this Friday. Is there someone you know who might be a potential referral for either speaker? Why not invite them to visit our meeting this Friday? Even better, why not make an introduction ahead of time!!!
Be nice to your VP... [PowerPoint Meeting Reminder(s)]:
- Please send me any meeting updates (including weekly presentation slides) by Noon each Wednesday.
- If you are sending a PowerPoint presentation please also email [email protected] >>>> I will always confirm when I have received your presentation, so if you have sent it and I have not confirmed receipt, please email or call me at (240) 888-9564.
Your thoughts and suggestions for our meetings and our BNI chapter, in general, are always appreciated. Please email or set up a 1-2-1 with me any time to share your thoughts.
Have a safe week and stay warm!